Welcome to our website !

Snapshots - Chair restoration

By 3:25 PM , , , , , , , , ,


On the eve of completing my third chair restoration, I can't help but remember the very first chair I stripped and made new again. The most important lesson I learnt then was to take pictures! I don't have any record of the sanding, stripping and recovering process.  All I have are pictures of the finished chair ( on the left)  and how it looks in its new setting (on the right).


I bought the chair at an auction at Lawsons in Leichardt. They have some nice pieces for restoration, but it is competitive and I've lost out on more pieces than I've been successful. The fabric was purchased from The Remnant Warehouse in Alexandria. It's a subtle check design and its so comfortable to sit against. 





My latest project is very different from the first and I hope to be able to share that with you very soon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments